Introduction The technology is unique since it integrates all necessary and required operations and processes (nitrification zone, pre-denitrification, final sedimentation zone, aerobic sludge stabilisation, sludge thickening, if need be) in a single bioreactor. It results in low costs of acquisition, smaller bay, low operating costs
The system is resistant against changes in loading and guarantees high efficiency of purification with low variation of effluent quality.Effluent is separated from activated sludge and flows out from the reactor, activated sludge returns back to the beginning of the purification process.
When starting the biological reactor an activated sludge from a wastewater treatment plant in operation is applied and through purification process microorganisms are reproduced and thus activated sludge volume increases. Activated sludge volume is kept at an optimum volume and excess sludge is taken away from the reactor. This purification process does not need any chemicals.
High efficiency and low operating costs are two main characteristics
1.High Activated Sludge Concentration Traditional water treatment plants operate at low or medium concentrations of activated sludge. Our plants operate with higher concentrations of activated sludge that is one of precondition of high treatment efficiency.
2.All Processes May Be Integrated Into One Bioreactor Most conventional technologies are split in many building parts – tanks, reservoirs, bioreactors, final sedimentation tanks, and the like. Our technology can carry out all these processes in one compact bioreactor, combining all necessary operations and processes and this fact has a favourable impact on operating cost and acquisition cost of wastewater treatment plant.
• Reduced capital expenditures: Integrated bioreactor has lower capital demands than a set of individual sections and requires less bay area.
• Reduced operating and maintenance costs: Integrated bioreactor having minimum number of movable parts with self-regulating purification process has minimum requirements for maintenance.
• High purification efficiency: Units show high purification efficiency not only for BOD5 values but even for ChSKCr, NL and N-NH4, and the like.
• Aerobically stabilised sludge: Low load and long sludge age are the reasons for which the sludge from the treatment plants is aerobically stabilised and is not exposed to decomposition.
• No odour: Plants working in aerobic mode do not emanate any odours..
• Hydraulic flexibility: Final sedimentation section is of such design that it can withstand a required hydraulic overload. • Design flexibility: Assembly of an integrated bioreactor can be tailored as a customer requires. • Efficiency Essentially, the bioreactor combines all functions of conventional biological advanced treatment plants it operates with low sludge load, higher sludge age and reaches higher treatment performance. Reductions of BSK5 and Total Suspended Solids (SS) under 30 mg/l are easily achievable. If observing the Operating Regulation of Wastewater Treatment Plants the below tabulated values can be obtained.
• Effluent discharge The quality of the effluent allows its discharge into a receiving or storm sewerage. After disinfecting the effluent can be reused for irrigation, washing of roads, pavements, etc
• Excess sludge The activated sludge is a biomass consisting of microorganisms or of living matters using contamination of wastewater as their source of energy for life and reproduction. Entering contamination is converted to activated sludge. Thus the content of sludge continuously increases in the system.
Sludge age of the technology supplied is longer than 26 days. This age provides fully for aerobic stabilisation.Since the system is continuously supplied with contamination included in wastewater then after reaching the operational concentration of activated sludge – excess sludge has to be discharged from the system.
A sludge facility is designed with respect to daily sludge production. Sometimes only a container is sufficient but even pre-thickening up to sludge dewatering to the concentration of ca. 40 volume percentage of sludge dry residue can be applied.